The special PTFE ring has the low frictional properties normally associated with this material but is strengthened by additives to reduce creep. It has a low breakout friction so stick-slip is eliminated.
Standard seals are supplied with a nitrile O ring but other materials can be provided. For the best results it is recommended two seals are fitted. The PTFE ring should always be mounted with the sealing lip on the pressure side. A number of material options can be provided to extend operating conditions.
A PTFE step seal and an O-ring used as an energizer can be used in high pressures up to 500bar and for reciprocating motion up to 15 m/s. Temperature range is -50° C to +200° C (depending on the components used for O-ring). Since the PTFE is filled with Bronze or Carbon, the abrasion resistance property is very high.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Precautions for processing PTFE shaped parts
- The difference between PTFE tube and polyethyle...
- Polymer composite application
- Introduction of PTFE materials
- PTFE material advantages
- Chemical properties of PTFE materials
- Types of commonly used fillers
- PTFE industrial transportation application
- PTFE engineering plastics machining process
- Characteristics of sealing materials such as PT...
- Metric Spherical Bearing
- Bushings Bearings
- Plain Spherical Bearing
- Sealed Spherical Roller Bearings
- Wear rings
- Spherical Roller Thrust Bearings
- Rotory Guide Rings
- Tapered Bore Bearing
- Phenolic resins
- Radial Spherical Plain Bearings